Force-on-Force | Defensive Pistol Level III
Force on force training is designed to put people in scenarios where they do not know what the roles of the others in the scenarios are. The best way to get the most out of this is to simply react to the stimulus in the scenario
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Course Length: 8 Hours
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY: NO REAL FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION ANYWHERE IN
THE SCENARIO AREAS. ALL INDIVIDUALS ARE SUBJECT TO PAT DOWNS.
Students will be taken into a room where the instructor and or RSO will give them their ‘rolls’ to play. Actors are encouraged to play out their role as ‘real world’ as possible, if you are told you’re a drunk, act it out. If you are told you’re a bank robber play the best bank robber you can play. Yelling and screaming is also encouraged as it gives the scenarios a much more real life fell.
This is called force on force for a reason. You may be ‘shot’, ‘stabbed’, pushed or even taken to the ground. However, if you are playing a role requiring you to ‘attack’ someone be mindful of that person and do not try to hurt them. If you are asked to take someone to the ground don’t body slam them but just wrestle them as gently as you can to the ground. If you feel the need to push someone away do so gently and if you are pushed dramatize it and take several steps back. Pull punches and be nice to your classmates. We want to make it real but we also don’t want anyone to get hurt.
- All participates should go into every scenario with ‘empty pockets’ no real knives, firearms (of course), live ammo, keys etc. Anything that could cause bodily harm should not be anywhere on your person.
- We will be using high-velocity airsoft guns to simulate real firearms.
- We will be using plastic knives to simulate edge weapons
- Any other items inserted into the scenario will be non-lethal Example: plastic bat
- Protective gear must be worn at all times by all persons in the scenario area
- ALL persons in the scenario area are role players or bystanders EXCEPT anyone wearing a yellow vest, these are the instructors, RSO’s and camera people. They are considered to be invisible in the scenario.
- All scenarios will end at the Instructor saying “END EX” Meaning end the exercise.
You will need to bring a sack lunch (I will have a large cooler full of water)